Cyndi K. Gacosta
Passing A Young Woman With The Flowery Scent
Lady, pretty lady, delicate and sweet
I wear your fragrant memory, like a spray of mignonette.
Yes, my love, I think about you.
When all the world was younger,
We’d break the city’s unfeeling clutch.
When summer used to linger,
We’d build a little bungalow.
When I was but a little thing of two, or maybe three,
We’d dance, with grapes in our wind-tossed hair.
Hand in hand, we ran through the Autumn forest, where
The sun shines fair, and the sun shines true
Sweeter your laugh than trill of lark at dawn.
You’d think with all the age and sense
You’ll be returning, one day.
And shall we build a little nest?
All sullen blares the wintry blast, and
still we’re groggy from the blow!
Slowly the roses droop and die
Ah, no, I dare not lose myself in dreams.
Think of the things that can never come true
- This child of curious tendencies.
Sad the matter of which I speak,
I don’t know what her name is, for you see we’ve never met.
Cyndi K. Gacosta's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Passing A Young Woman With The Flowery Scent by Cyndi K. Gacosta )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Black On White, Brian Johnston
- Experiencing Peace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Have you lost your ways?, gajanan mishra
- Whose Fault is This?, Luo Zhihai
- Vibrations Of Spirituality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- RAFA, douglas scotney
- Theoretically Squeaking, michael walkerjohn
- Interior Life's Library, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why I Love writing Poetry?, Hebert Logerie
- Enjoyable Times, RoseAnn V. Shawiak