How did that web cut a horizontal line?
From washing pole to tree
What pendulum of imagined thought
Swung it’s self into the face of me.
It’s so miraculous to see…
How vexed even we can be to break
These autumnal webs that prohibit me
From keeping such ill positioned keepsakes.
They’re so Perpendicular!
Demonstratively beautiful to the gardener
Who should envy their knot garden designs?
But god, what irritating, landmine’s.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Perpendicular by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Lost Without A Cloud, Electric Lady
- Moon Landing Celebration, Ima Ryma
- DREAMS ARE LIKE WAVES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Friendship Miles, Littlewing28 Pani
- Eternal Wings of Love, Pintu Mahakul
- Lost, Yasin Engno
- THE PRETTY SUN, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- March against austerity, Bob Johnson
- To remain peaceful, hasmukh amathalal
- Broken, Yasin Engno