Plea for a Public Acknowledgement
There in the texas paris some real dark
Secret shit, so unspoken this, i knew
Not of it in the bliss of innocence
When my childhood grew thru there.
At least please erect a memorial
For stars of those torture/death spectacles...
A shown care where their hacked remains
Permeate grounds of the fair.
Mute hatreds have slain every implored
'Come look into its face this disgrace! '
Remorse where are you? commence, enforce
Waking screams that rip raw all hide from thought
When racial sins may at last segue into the past...
johnny case's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Plea for a Public Acknowledgement by johnny case )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Michael P. McParland
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Home They Brought Her Warrior Dead, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Christmas Day In the Workhouse, George Robert Sims
- The Tiger, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- the kingdom is born, ademola oluwabusayo
- Haiku(Christmas), Aftab Alam
- At a Wedding, Sir John Suckling
- Nostalgia, Lawrence Beck
- Evening Song, Sherwood Anderson
- Gentle Golden Light, Margaret Alice Second
- What is I want under the destinies ten.., Yuri Starostin
- Lonely Road, Alexander Onoja
- Happy Birthday Lord, Ron Baratono
- I Truly Do, Michael P. McParland