Plotting My Downfall
In the unsure pain of my heart
I kept my pulse beating
Unsteady, unsure -
I was sick with worry,
Yet I had to go on.
Mediocre filth was all round me
Pressing its summary advantage;
People without purpose
Aimed at deflating my pride:
I was arrogant,
I had to be stopped;
I was ill-mannered,
I had to be harangued.
Brash and uncouth
The users found me hard;
The oppressors and enviers waited -
All plotting my downfall.
samuel munachim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Plotting My Downfall by samuel munachim )
- A child's prank on love, Naveed Khalid
- Child's Garden Of Verses, Naveed Khalid
- I Lie To Myself, Asma Riaz Khan
- Reed Notes (The Flute Player), Vinaya Joseph
- Madness, Amy Welch
- And Yet You Just Watch, Asma Riaz Khan
- _I've shot the poet, Yor Nella
- Death valley, sultan mahmud
- Under Wearmouth Bridge, Paul Gerard Reed
- Without Wanting..., Asma Riaz Khan