Poor old me
Poor old me.
I hate my body, so stay away;
Don’t waste your time coming onto me today.
Because my body is as ugly as my face
And my middle aged spread is on the way.
I hate being me and I hate you seeing me,
So close your eyes before I leave.
I disagree if you think I’m sexy,
Because that is one thing I will never be.
Leave me along and get out of my face;
This place is no home. I am a disgrace.
I’ve never been touched by a touch of grace,
Just replaced and never saved for a rainy day.
My six pack is being replaced with a pot belly;
Oh pity me in my misery.
I can’t get back what age steals from me,
So I wallow in my self pity. Oh poor old me.
(C) 2013 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
AaI Harvey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poor old me by AaI Harvey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Prefix: Finding The Measure, Robert Kelly
- EbOnY fL0wEr$ - Scene From Ivory Towers, sEaN nOrTh
- hEY....u sPeLLed - No Sign Of Blunt Force, sEaN nOrTh
- Why Did You Say That, Jeri Martindale
- They are men too, Sayeed Abubakar
- A Little Christmas, Jack Spurlock
- A pet poem., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Portal, David Harris
- It's a Trick, R.J. Wynn
- Food Of The Heart, Naveed Akram