Paolo Giuseppe Mazzarello
Psychoanalytic Poems: Freud and H.D. -1-
Vienna,1933. The American poet Mrs. Hilda Doolittle meets Prof. Sigmund Freud, the psychoanalysis's founder. She is 47 and he is 77. This is the beginning of a therapeutic relation that will last till 1934. The Freud's office was at 19 Berggasse.
The Hilda's visions were daydreams in borderland,
She projected herself in her love's objects.
In her verses she put her sensitive soul,
Her love's objects didn't receive her soul.
One day the good Hilda came into Nineteen Berggasse;
There were books, carpets and dark.
Hilda got The Lesbos's sun to come in.
Sigmund had his family and his dog shut up in his castle;
Hilda took Sigmund out to her childhood's garden.
To be continued
Paolo Giuseppe Mazzarello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Psychoanalytic Poems: Freud and H.D. -1- by Paolo Giuseppe Mazzarello )
- My Dog Lays at, David McLansky
- Asthi-Kalasha, Bijay Kant Dubey
- And We Came to Pass, Abdulrasaq Akingbo Okanlambe
- Praising a Poet, 'me' by a Co-Poet!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- My Dog Lays at My Feet, David McLansky
- The two I trust (sonnet), Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Owls or rats, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)