Paolo Giuseppe Mazzarello
Psychoanalytic Poems: Freud and H.D. -1-
Vienna,1933. The American poet Mrs. Hilda Doolittle meets Prof. Sigmund Freud, the psychoanalysis's founder. She is 47 and he is 77. This is the beginning of a therapeutic relation that will last till 1934. The Freud's office was at 19 Berggasse.
The Hilda's visions were daydreams in borderland,
She projected herself in her love's objects.
In her verses she put her sensitive soul,
Her love's objects didn't receive her soul.
One day the good Hilda came into Nineteen Berggasse;
There were books, carpets and dark.
Hilda got The Lesbos's sun to come in.
Sigmund had his family and his dog shut up in his castle;
Hilda took Sigmund out to her childhood's garden.
To be continued
Paolo Giuseppe Mazzarello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Psychoanalytic Poems: Freud and H.D. -1- by Paolo Giuseppe Mazzarello )
- Sun Sets, Lore Me34
- Dreams, Kshitiz Gupta
- If Only, Kshitiz Gupta
- Science and Religion, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ............. Traveling To Meet Minor In.., Is It Poetry
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)