Purpose and Meaning of Life
Like uninvited guests,
First Order questions
challenge my mindset,
mock my worldview.
I dismiss them but keep returning,
each time bolder and more daring.
Defiant, I rise to the challenge,
use science, reason and logic;
the weapons of worldly knowledge.
But no matter which route I take
I find myself in a cul-de-sac.
What will this impasse break?
Worldly knowledge, set aside;
the truth in them can't reside.
Seek, cast your net far and wide,
the truth you will catch will abide.
Then you'll adorn your life with garments of divinity,
and refresh your soul from the well of immortality.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Purpose and Meaning of Life by Isam Hussain )
- سأعطيك النهار الجميل, مالك حداد
- Everyday Options, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- يجب أن نقتل الليل, مالك حداد
- Is any other God equal to Thillai Sabapa.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- World Of Our Own, Adewale Ajakanri
- Metaphor of life, SALINI NAIR
- The flouted wealth, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Another Day Ends, Damian Murphy
- Energetic Nature, Aftab Alam
- مختارات, سي محند
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Sunday Morning, Louis Macneice
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)