Raksha Bandhan- A Promise
To tell the world, of love
Care, mutual understanding, and bond
Which is still on the above,
God created that relation, profound!
Well known as, 'Brother-Sister'
And this circle of love is round,
With none end attached to it.
To sing this glory of love,
I call my Didis, join.
Lets celebrate the day Divine.
And I make my promise to all,
I'll give respect, love, care, life whole.
My prayers for you all, to God I do.
The wishes of you all, be true.
At last of this song, I say
The day I die, my body decay,
And I rest in my grave...
Then my Didi [all], be brave!
Never dropp a single pearl for me,
I see your tears! It'll never be.
Alok Mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Raksha Bandhan- A Promise by Alok Mishra )
- Between me and You, Rathna nagaraja
- Concepts 24, Somanathan Iyer
- Wind and storm, Somanathan Iyer
- Artistic Eye, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 9 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Hiding Behind Masks, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Will, Kathryn Tyler King
- 6 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 4 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Breeze, Brian Hyun Kim
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)