Raksha Bandhan- A Promise
To tell the world, of love
Care, mutual understanding, and bond
Which is still on the above,
God created that relation, profound!
Well known as, 'Brother-Sister'
And this circle of love is round,
With none end attached to it.
To sing this glory of love,
I call my Didis, join.
Lets celebrate the day Divine.
And I make my promise to all,
I'll give respect, love, care, life whole.
My prayers for you all, to God I do.
The wishes of you all, be true.
At last of this song, I say
The day I die, my body decay,
And I rest in my grave...
Then my Didi [all], be brave!
Never dropp a single pearl for me,
I see your tears! It'll never be.
Alok Mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Raksha Bandhan- A Promise by Alok Mishra )
- A Bunch Of Daffodils..., Eshan Gupta
- Love others, gajanan mishra
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
- Do Early Birds Really Catch the Worm?, Dr John Celes
- I Did It Well, Vera Sidhwa
- Epistemology, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Go Back to May 1937, Sharon Olds
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 19, 1942)