REVOLUTION FOR TRANSITION
Turning and turning in the Anarchy`gyre
Goodness drowned in deep its mire,
Cheat` deceit, betrayal and flirt
Are ingredients of Monarchy`s heart.
Men in power lack moral dignities
Corruption and oppression their sole duties,
Honest hands are broken violent
Goodly voices are suppressed silent.
Toys of delicacy are gone off the fairs
Cruelty and brutality are sold at throw-fares,
Those that humble are surely cheated
Fakes everywhere are warmly greeted.
Sole self empowerment is the Power`s aim
Common motives are subject to disdain.
But patient Patience` patience is broken
Impatience fury is giving its token-
Surely a great revolution is at hand
Surely a great Transition is at hand.
Surely the courageous hearts are willed
To way the revolution, passion filled,
Surely they provoke the rise of a wave
To swallow Humanity-hunters of their caves.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
But now they showed their anger through their votes favouring the formation of a new government (BJP) .
This poem was written months before this LokSabha election.
Comments about this poem (REVOLUTION FOR TRANSITION by Vivek Tiwari )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto