River To Share
I borrowed your river,
I hope you don't care
but the river is big enough
for all of us to share.
A lot of little homes
fit along the shore
a lot of little boats
float in the river.
See, we can all share the river;
I can just move my trailer by our home
and we can all go where the river goes
or maybe we'll all just live on boats.
'Cause there's plenty of room for everyone
and when the summer gets nice we can bask in the sun
or swing in a hammock like we don't have a care
because we love our river, our river to share.
Yeah, we don't mind sharing this river, our home
'cause we're all family, don't you know?
And this river has given us all happiness
so let's share our river, like friends share a kiss.
Because we're family, don't you know?
And this river will always be all of our home.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (River To Share by Kelly Zion )
(1895 - 1985)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Remember, Christina Georgina Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- It's Nothing, Kevin John Racaza
- Twilight on the Beach, Mary Dow Brine
- My, TheSilent Loudness
- Duplicate Indian Egnlish Poets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Don't Worry, You Have Me, Kevin John Racaza
- The Beach Of Shells, Edward Shanks
- New Bloom..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Ten Years After Tsunami 2004, Umasree Raghunath
- A Little Air, Kevin John Racaza
- जिद्द............., sanjay kumar maurya