River To Share
I borrowed your river,
I hope you don't care
but the river is big enough
for all of us to share.
A lot of little homes
fit along the shore
a lot of little boats
float in the river.
See, we can all share the river;
I can just move my trailer by our home
and we can all go where the river goes
or maybe we'll all just live on boats.
'Cause there's plenty of room for everyone
and when the summer gets nice we can bask in the sun
or swing in a hammock like we don't have a care
because we love our river, our river to share.
Yeah, we don't mind sharing this river, our home
'cause we're all family, don't you know?
And this river has given us all happiness
so let's share our river, like friends share a kiss.
Because we're family, don't you know?
And this river will always be all of our home.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (River To Share by Kelly Zion )
- Eat Dessert First, Bill Grace
- cuts, Josephine Taylor
- Our India, Anishka Singh
- Agony 2, Michael McParland
- Single-minded, gajanan mishra
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
- Rain in summer امطار صيفية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)