Samantha "Sam" Gordon
Johnny Cash had a monster hit with, "A Boy Named Sue, "
To come close to that masterpiece just what can you do?
How about a 9 year-old playing football like a young man?
And a girl playing in a boys league with the handle of Sam.
She wanted to keep up with her big brother and so she did,
Running, playing, just plain hanging out like the older kids,
"Gremlins" is Salt Lake City's version of, "Pee Wee Ball, "
The way Samantha Gordon plays is she headed for the Hall?
232 carries,1,911 yards,35 touchdowns,8.2 yards per carry,
For a boy this is phenomenal but a girl, it is downright scary,
Putting her in practice drills she out ran boys two years older,
Playing in the, "Sharks and Minnows" game proved even bolder.
Staring at her speed and ability to move like a college tailback,
Fearless! She led the charge or should I say she led the attack?
Break a tackle from multiple hits, run through, over & around,
Combination of speed & power ala Gale Sayers & Jim Brown.
As the only girl playing in an all boys league it is tough enough,
However, not for her, for them as the little lady struts her stuff,
Concern has surfaced because that game called football is rough,
But this all around athletic marvel is certainly no powder-puff.
Tags have labeled her the greatest running back under 4 feet tall,
Heck, with these amazing stats it should be greatest of them all,
Starting at quarterback even though plays are run on the ground,
On defense she has recorded 65 tackles chasing opponents down.
Her You Tube videos have gone viral garnering over 2 million hits,
And many have downloaded for wallpaper some of Sam's still pics,
Like the scripture Jeremiah 51: 27, "set ye up a standard in the land, "
Without a doubt, it's truly been accomplished by a girl named Sam.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Samantha "Sam" Gordon by Luke Easter )
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
- आथिखाल, Ronjoy Brahma
- Life is Nothing but Texture~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- How Is Your Life In The Matrix?, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- That bench is my dear., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loneliness, Ashwini Annigeri
- समनि नायथाय- 25, Ronjoy Brahma
- I am not uttering, gajanan mishra
- Holy and pure, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)