Samba Lady..........Almost My Sonnet
Samba Lady - almost my sonnet -
Invite me samba lady; don’t hold back your maybe
I am eager to submit; to dance a fit, showcase my wit
Sounds of the drum roll; hearts swoon, minds lose control
Crashing the high cliffs; No doubts buts or ifs!
Footprints parade together, pride forever; lighthearted endeavor
But…there is always a “but”; the spoiler, a feeling in my gut
Tiny foams of sorrow tears; rejection founded my fears
Men attain ecstasy from your chemistry; fueling my jealousy
Suitor after suitor, metamorphosing into the cunning looter
Try to steal your heart; spellbound by your dancing art
A glance into the frosted front and back seat mirror; I am lost with terror
How often do you purge your cage? you rule and command the stage!
Copyright Leaking Pen 2013-
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Samba Lady..........Almost My Sonnet by Leaking Pen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Time Is Now, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Raja male, gajanan mishra
- Lost Is Never Gone, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- I Stand Tall, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- The king dies, gajanan mishra
- Nice platform, hasmukh amathalal
- Mu jaha karibaku jauchhi (Odia), gajanan mishra
- What I am going to do, gajanan mishra
- It's My Lie, Leria Hawkins
- O, Believe! Yes, Believe!, Chris Schleier, Jr.