selah, don't say la la la...
the line curves and i turn with it
following your happy trail,
the way God thumbs up the sky; white fluffy fingers
i watch with wonder....
calling your name inside my car
our volume is at seven
dare i go to nine and sing too high?
would that surprise the safety belt?
if i knelt before you
clothed your feet with my tangled hair
would you lift my chin
and say you love me without limits?
would you kiss me like a mad man,
or pause and breathe in my coconut scent?
the road swerves
and i love the virgin wind along my skin
my vision treads, sleek with each mile,
but i do not slip along the cliff
i do not look down at all ~
Mandolyn ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (selah, don't say la la la... by Mandolyn ... )
Did you read them?
- WHY DID YOU COME THEN, kunjubi varghese
- Remembering J.K.2, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Pure world, gajanan mishra
- Destruction, Suresh Dogra
- CLOUDS, Orlando Belo
- The Masked Man, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Night Is Young, Katherine Nordhaus
- You are seen clearly (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Remembering J.K, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Courting!, RAJESH.C BOSE
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- November, Thomas Hood
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)