Palas Kumar Ray
Sense Of Humor Of Time
Time plays a game with me.
A monetary game.
My wife also knows how well
time plays this game
surprising us with it's timing
and sense of humor.
Who but time should have
the best sense of timing?
May be your question
because I haven't told you yet
the story behind.
Today it so happened
I took Rs.4500 for buying books
where I required to spend
Happily returning the balance
Rs.900 to my wife when I tried
to sit on my wheel chair
for surfing internet
I found the chair was broken.
Soon I had to rush to a mechanic
to get it repaired for the world.
They took Rs.700 for repairing the chair
and Rs.150 was spend on transportation.
My sudden emergency expenses
are always within the sum
remaining as balance in my hand.
This is a good news but
the bad news is
whenever I have some money
I'll surely have such emergencies too.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sense Of Humor Of Time by Palas Kumar Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Peoples, Abdullah alHemaidy
- if i find a dumpster, would you move in .., Mandolyn ...
- Cinderella's Table Cloth, mary douglas
- Mother Culture's Lullbye - The Culling S.., Joseph DeMarco
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI