Serenity lives in white birch's reflection.
Last evening the pond serenade was perfection.
In joyful convergence, amphibious cousins,
Nocturnal pond dwellers emerge by the dozens!
Excited aquatics revival is springing,
With up-beat renditions of trilling and singing.
So into the night swings the rhythmic hip-hopping,
The country and classical jazzy be-bopping!
A sudden loud hush numbs the musical fun now,
Outspoken intrusions have clearly begun now.
In deepening darkness clouds tearfully tumble,
While bright exclamations now crackle and grumble!
The rackety ruckus so quickly is fading,
A hologram sunrise concludes all debating.
Serenity cuddles the tiny new foxes,
It dwells with the bluebirds in lovely new boxes.
It skitters the breezes that ruffle the willow,
And tickles the cumulus dewdrops that billow.
Serenity lives in pink lilac's reflection,
And dusky symphonics again reach perfection.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Serenity Lives by Connie Yost )
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Dolce Vita, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Aapko Dekh Kavita Likhne Ki Eccha Hoti H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Poem, John Gray
- Labor as a Tulip, Karen Volkman
- Sprig of Lilac, Hyam Plutzik
- O Foreigner Girl, Say You What Is My Rel.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cold, Luo Zhihai
- LOVE STORY, Eugene Latumbo
- Wild cock and hen., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My name, gajanan mishra