She Changed My World
With just a smile, she changed my world.
She changed my world; now I cannot smile.
She went away…she left.
She left; but never went away.
For her soul still looms in the dark,
Her haunting perfume still permeates the air.
Her reflection irrigates my dreams,
And creep menacingly into my nightmares.
Oh, the light she snatched away from my being
All but to replace it with an empty mien of torturing pain;
I suddenly lose sight of my own esteem,
And slowly dwindle into an abyss of loss.
She changed my world when she came.
But then the prangs of death did pierce so deep;
And my world was left in ruins.
My love for her was a devoted worship,
Cos I revered her, even after her deathly sleep.
But now as my soul sinks into this abyss,
With each cupid aching breath, I ponder:
Did I do myself a grave harm?
Loving her with my all, was it an omen sour?
For I have loved, but now cannot live.
Grave is the hurt; and so I do bleed.
She changed my world; she did love me.
But now into the abyss, she's crushing my world;
So I ask:
If you love to be hurt,
Then…where's the love in loving at all?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Changed My World by Mifa words )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Be a runner, gajanan mishra
- Rosy - 2, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Nangalum Manidan Than!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Time For Healing and Time to Love, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Merry-Christmas, gajanan mishra
- The best of surrenders, A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash P ..
- This world is yours, gajanan mishra
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal