Short Talk With The Moon
I looked out of the window
And saw such a beautiful sight
The moon smiling at me oh!
His smile lights up the dark night.
I playfully smiled at him and
Asked ‘Why you stay awake all night? '
He looked at me, his smile a bit dim
‘Then who will ensure that you sleep tight? '
Still not convinced, I asked yet again
‘Don't you get bored on a lonely night? '
‘No never! I always have snores of men
To keep me company and your lamp light! '
He then said, ‘Now you sleep little girl,
When you wake up, I won't be here.
I will be on the other side of the world,
But I will keep an eye on you from there! '
Aditi Khandelwal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Short Talk With The Moon by Aditi Khandelwal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Missing You Now, Nida Sofi
- EVERY POEM HAS ITS PHILOSOPHER AND ITS P.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Going to meet an end, gajanan mishra