Someday in the Sun-God Will Be There. (Or Not) .
She decorates her nails in patriotism
To show that God exists. Once in
Passing, a foreign
Nail stopped her at the Post Office.
The nail brushed a lone eyelash
Off a wrinkle on her cheek. It asked, while
Holding the eyelash in front of her lips:
“Are you going to blow at it and make a wish? ”
Using a gentle halitosis breeze-the eyelash
Blew off the Nail and seesawed to the ground.
She made a wish to ‘never to be touched again.’
At funerals, while the other guests bow their heads
As the casket lowers-she keeps her neck erect.
Spins it like an owl. To see who isn’t paying proper respects.
Of course the proper posture:
Right hand placed
Atop the left wrist
Tears for dramatic effect.
While at the reception-she confronts each of the heathens.
She has them recite the Hail Mary-till their fingers grow numb
From holding the Rosary. She has no children. So she swears
To her husband’s corpse: “You bastard! You never could keep
It up enough for me! ” For company, she talks to the clock at
4: 38 AM. It gives the appearance of a mustache and reminds
Her of Groucho Marx. The second hand ticks a metronome
Pace. Providing her with practice-for the rhythm of conversation.
Everyone is praying she learns Jazz.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Someday in the Sun-God Will Be There. (Or Not) . by A.j. Binash )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Silence In The Interrogation Room, Kyle Schlicher
- On Not Needing People, Kyle Schlicher
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher
- if it's free take two, Mandolyn ...
- Harmony In Marriage, Kyle Schlicher
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...