Sorry Pa, I disagree
Lost are words, numb is the feel.
Something's wrong but I can't feel.
On legs I slept as a child,
Shades of his figure, my paradise.
Whose sayings I heard and followed,
Whose believes I reiterated and swallowed.
But here is the generation shift,
Causing a little drift.
My arguing back, having my say,
Sometimes a bit rude, not meant that way.
He likes it not.
I can explain it not.
Lost are words,
Still backing my way
And the grooming he gave.
I believe in him.
So I believe in myself.
My end will justify
The means I employ.
For now, he is right.
And perhaps I am fine.
Amann Aroraa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sorry Pa, I disagree by Amann Aroraa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Road to Black, Amateur Vagabond
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi