Nyein Way (19.1.1962 / Yangon)
SUBLIME IN CONTEMPORANEITY
Sublime in Contemporaneity?
* postmodern sublime/unpresentable of the postmodern art
1. The phrase is related to Nietzssche's nihilism-a kind of perspectivism.
2. It is also akin to Kant's aesthetics of the sublime.
1. 'The sublime evokes a contradictory feeling' (The Idea of the Postmodern: A History 133) . It is '... a strong and equivocal e...motion: it carries both pleasure and pain... in it pleasure derives from pain.' (p43)
2. For Kant, sublime occurs 'when the imagination fails to present an object which might, if only in principle, come to match a concept.' This is the relation beween Kantian aesthetics of sublime and unpresentable. (p43)
3. Lyotard's postmodern sublime is 'an art of negation, a perpetual negation... based on a never-ending critique of representation that should contribute to the preservation of heterogeneity, of optimal dissensus... [it]does not lead towards a resolution; the confrontation with the unpresentable leads to radical openness' (The Idea of the Postmodern: A History 133) .
Now in Contemporaneity:
If you are a contemporary poetry or a contemporary culture, the following considerations are there:
1) concept and conceptual pattern and stucture in poetry(e.g.discussions, seminal culture, negotiation and reinterpretations...)
2) Third mind and fourth mind culture; more than one culture in mental formations and sensations in parallel or in conjunction with
3) Realizing conceptual and post-conceptual poetry in details, not totally.
4) Pahtan (24 Pyitsee) concepts in depth-not as a religion but as a liberal thinkership
(If you want to have a discussion about this, call me at 09-730-57-103) you are welcome! ! ! ! !
Comments about this poem (SUBLIME IN CONTEMPORANEITY by Nyein Way )
World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
celebrated on May 21st every year
Your Favorite Poets’ Favorite Books of Poetry
Daily Rituals of Famous Authors
Writers seem to be the most prone to unshakeable routines and elaborate superstitions.
Incredible Reading Rooms Around the World
Cozy, beautiful places to curl up with a good book...
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
Still I Rise
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening