Nyein Way (19.1.1962 / Yangon)
SUBLIME IN CONTEMPORANEITY
Sublime in Contemporaneity?
* postmodern sublime/unpresentable of the postmodern art
1. The phrase is related to Nietzssche's nihilism-a kind of perspectivism.
2. It is also akin to Kant's aesthetics of the sublime.
1. 'The sublime evokes a contradictory feeling' (The Idea of the Postmodern: A History 133) . It is '... a strong and equivocal e...motion: it carries both pleasure and pain... in it pleasure derives from pain.' (p43)
2. For Kant, sublime occurs 'when the imagination fails to present an object which might, if only in principle, come to match a concept.' This is the relation beween Kantian aesthetics of sublime and unpresentable. (p43)
3. Lyotard's postmodern sublime is 'an art of negation, a perpetual negation... based on a never-ending critique of representation that should contribute to the preservation of heterogeneity, of optimal dissensus... [it]does not lead towards a resolution; the confrontation with the unpresentable leads to radical openness' (The Idea of the Postmodern: A History 133) .
Now in Contemporaneity:
If you are a contemporary poetry or a contemporary culture, the following considerations are there:
1) concept and conceptual pattern and stucture in poetry(e.g.discussions, seminal culture, negotiation and reinterpretations...)
2) Third mind and fourth mind culture; more than one culture in mental formations and sensations in parallel or in conjunction with
3) Realizing conceptual and post-conceptual poetry in details, not totally.
4) Pahtan (24 Pyitsee) concepts in depth-not as a religion but as a liberal thinkership
(If you want to have a discussion about this, call me at 09-730-57-103) you are welcome! ! ! ! !
Comments about this poem (SUBLIME IN CONTEMPORANEITY by Nyein Way )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings