Summer of 2006, I believe it was.
August, I am pretty sure. A warm summer
Month I will certainly never forget.
Under the sun, on the beach we were having
Endless fun. But, you, being six, were afraid and didn't
Like to go into the ocean. So I carried you and
Threw you in gently, not wanting you to miss a
Heck of a good swim. At first you were mad, but then you wouldn't get
Out as you were enjoying yourself too much.
Luckily, you forgave me because I
Loved you then and love you now, my son.
Mike Acker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Summer '06 by Mike Acker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal