Tales from the Sea
Foam rises on the oceans surface,
rolling along with the waves.
As schools of fish swim In a pattern so delicate,
the predator watches from behind the protection of a sea rock.
Stalking in shadows, the gravitational pull brings in the tide.
Water levels rise.
Waiting for an opportunity,
A small ship is sunken off the coast.
Life jackets and driftwood float above and beneath the oceans surface bringing a new element to this neighborhood of fight or flight.
The school of fish swim toward a shimmering light reflected from the moon; down below.
The predator strikes.
The ships mats is last to be swallows by the sea as the foam dissipates in the neighboring sand.
As the sun rises,
a community mourns the loss of a scholar.
A company seeks answers to a missing crew.
The sea cries as part of it's body is enveloped in the sand.
All three treasures now lost,
find a new beginning elsewhere.
Bones become a warning saving another's life.
A shop becomes shelter to refugees underneath the surface.
The wet sand becomes a castle; easily molded from the mind of a child.
All things concluding that once one purpose ends, another is destined to begin.
As nightfall approaches,
Foam rises on the oceans surface.
Corey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tales from the Sea by Corey Jones )
- My broken heart Transcends, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There be a whole civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Under the Flag of Civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- United in flying, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Poet Seer in parable., Emmanuel George Cefai
- There was a Poet Seer and the people gat.., Emmanuel George Cefai
- We are meant, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dare Not To Tell You., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Amritpaan, ramesh rai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- ' Emeralds And Black Diamon.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- ' In This Autumn Of The Yea.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
(A Collection of Select Works...)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)