Make me pretty, pierce my skin,
Push the needle deep inside.
Make me happy, picture perfect,
Picture this until the day that I die.
Symbolize the latest trend,
Oh my God it looks so cool.
Draw your vision upon my chest,
Make me another painted fool.
Tattoo pretty, picture perfect,
Ok, do it, I shall have no regrets.
Give me pain and a permanent imprint,
I should have done this with a straight head.
Pass me a joint so I don’t feel it,
I don’t know why some people like pain.
I just want a pretty picture,
Permanently placed upon my skin.
Oh it must be on my arm, so everyone can see it,
Now I need to buy some clothes, so I can emphasize it.
Now all I need is a neon light and to speak a little louder,
I hope they hear me and ask me about it,
I’d hate it if they didn’t bother.
What if they don’t notice it?
What if they don’t notice me?
What if I’ve made a huge mistake?
Why should I be concerned?
It’s not like I can do anything.
Ok I’m now so tattoo pretty,
I have a symbol on my arm.
I don’t know what the Chinese symbol means,
But I think it does look really cool.
What next? What can I put on my leg?
What about after that? Maybe one on my chest?
Oh and I must get my back covered with something;
Oh that would look so cool on my neck.
I like that one she’s got on her hand,
I’d like to have that, on the side of my head.
I’d love it if I completely covered in tattoos,
Tattoo pretty died, unrecognizable to her kids.
(C) 2013 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
AaI Harvey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tattoo pretty by AaI Harvey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Durgapuri Babu
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- To Whom It May Concern, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Unsuitable, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People of Pernambuco 2, Kim Barney
- Strange Foods: Oatmeal Omelet, Kim Barney
- Not a Real Poem 2, Kim Barney
- A Christmas with Simplicity, Akhtar Jawad
- Mangos and Monkeys, Kim Barney
- Mack, Kim Barney
- Who Told You That?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Two Friends, Kim Barney