Thank Johny Cash
A very thought provoking show
Johny Cash brought to the masses things they needed to know
He was the defender of the under dog
He saw prisoner’s pain and felt it all.
He is quoted saying this below:
'I don't see any good coming out of a prison.
You put them in like animals and tear the souls and guts out of them,
and let them out worse than they went in.'
This is true in jails today
they basically strip away
all of a person’s self esteem
they treat them like animals
and then demean…
Now from the standpoint the human race
Are we any more conscious of humans
Or are we known to treat other humans
with total disgrace?
There needs to be a change this very day
If we are to become a nation that is proud to say.
All for One and One for All
Do we really believe this is possible
or will are great Nation eventually fall?
Christina Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Thank Johny Cash by Christina Sunrise )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- गोरबो इसिँआव, Ronjoy Brahma
- Diwa ng isang OFW, Jesus James Llorico
- Clean heart, gajanan mishra
- In This World, Richard Provencher
- Murderer, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Eclipse (1975), Daniel Brick
- winter kiss, Dipankar Chakraborty
- A Lover's Rose, JJ Evendon
- Death was upon her, Naomi Chao
- Perhaps, Dipankar Chakraborty