The F1 Drama
Sat amongst the guts of a roaring lion
The deep throat growl in his belly
The unimaginative speed from still to shriek
The smell of burned rubber and nerves of jelly.
The tight fit of measured metal and carbon fibre
Only two mirrors and a wheel in sight
No spit in an already dry mouth
Flame retardant overalls crushing manhood's aside.
The driver is the be all and end all
It's a team sport until the reds go out
The G force trying to rearrange your innards
To win to block to evade and to win again is what it's all about.
Craig Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The F1 Drama by Craig Anderson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Got The Feeling, Arthur Moore
- When I am alone, gajanan mishra
- Off To War, Randy McClave
- Woman's right to her child, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Which make one's beauty?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess
- So move, hasmukh amathalal