The feather dances
A feather flies amid the soft draught to fiddle,
in smiling trajectories of blue twiddle,
pilots curves like of a movement random,
like the air traveler to Heavens' stardom.
It moves away form Earth's blurry apparition,
above the roofs it flies on benign cognition
playing along in air-streams of Zephyr,
to flirt with Amadryads odes on lyre.
In splendid glaze, with spirits turmoiling,
- caressing whiffs upon mere earthlings,
where the feather is favored by tailwinds,
when the women dream in their embracing glints.
It streams above the Ocean, with Naiads,
to accord a lullaby, and bluish myriads
of waves to maneuver oscillating along,
the ocean where air whistles a song!
The anabatic flow takes it higher, to bevy,
in clouds where stand the raindrops heavy,
where spirits who remained last, bemoan,
a feather flies amid the tears of souls gone!
Giorgio Venetopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The feather dances by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- While Others Sleep, Richard Provencher
- Madness, Is It Poetry
- Hand of the All Goddess, Stephen Bishop
- It's good to be back home..., David Lessard
- Words & Thoughts On Pause, Richard Provencher
- Sleeping Summers Beauty, Doug Jones
- If William Carlos Williams Had Been Born.., W.B. Keckler
- When will heavens love ever decline us?, Mark Heathcote
- Winning Bee, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Is it Halloween tonight, Mark Heathcote