The Master Plan
Come look into my eyes
You will see the reflection of my soul..
there is a change
It might be my age?
the doctors say it is normal
The child in me knows its forever true.
I wait with stinging heart
for the outcome of your visit
I shall not give up!
My bones ache with every passing year- you wait
for peaceful sleep
I lie awake in mourning
for your deprived slumber.
I hold on tight... to the linking piece and map of you?
Shall we both let go?
For I have falling into... you!
Iv pulled the weeds from your concrete bed!
to tame the land where your fingers bled?
The signposts always gave a clue!
to the missing shape I found in you
when all is lost and soul is gone
a suitcase of memories lingers on.
The light of love is in the eyes
of all who seek the watchful kind?
My hand now shown for all to see
If you are all I claim you be?
I have nothing now to loose
but tell my tale to folk like you.
When asked my gain for labor lost
I'll show the lamb beneath the rot
For all I am you gave to me
when hope was lost but truth was free
I saw the print of You
Martina Moriarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Master Plan by Martina Moriarty )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Author of space and time, yvonne stine
- I Couldn't Hold On Your Hands!, Geetha Jayakumar
- An Apple Of Love!, Geetha Jayakumar
- My Astrological Calculations Just For Fun!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Forever Love, Luo Zhihai
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey