The monarch, the bud, and I
Does anyone see the monarch?
That won't settle on the tree,
The grace that pulses with each beat of the wing,
Am I the only one that can see?
What happened to the bud that bloomed?
That dared to grow so soon
The beauty enveloped with a green canopy,
Did it whither before noon?
What took the innocence of I?
That produced awe to the passer by,
The sweetness that came off in soft waves,
Has it all been a lie?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The monarch, the bud, and I by chyna parker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Brel2, David McLansky
- Untouched, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Being Enriched, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If we meet again, Mellinda Aimee Jajalla
- Wondering How To Find Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Luna ii, binod bastola
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn
- A Pair Of Messy Birds (Fun Poem 158), David Harris