The Murder (Benazir Bhutto)
It happened last evening
Here, in my city
Near my home....
They've killed her...
It is unbelievable!
I cannot put my hand on it
and grasp it with my fingers
The entirety is indigestable...
They've murdered her....
and I am not a zealot,
but wasn't She the very best we had?
...and they've killed her
what the future holds for us?
I know not....
I know not....
(today is Friday, December 28,2007..... Yesterday evening,27th december, former Pakistani prime minister and one of the most prominent leaders, Benazir Bhutto, was assassinated while she was leaving a political rally in Rawalpindi...She was fired upon, and it was followed by a suicide bomb blast....She died, ultimately, from the bullet wounds to her neck)
Waqas Naeem's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Murder (Benazir Bhutto) by Waqas Naeem )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! - Chapter 1, Brian Johnston
- UGLY MISSILES ARE STILL TARGETTING INNOC.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Roost, David Harris
- Tel Aviv on Amphetamines, Guy Shaked
- Tears Flow, Seinu Abdulgafar
- 'We Are All Michael Brown' Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Steal Away, Francie Lynch
- love1, andy pierce
- a little piddle, lee fones
- The Man Who Chased The Moon, Tanja Bulovic