The Power of Prayer
No matter how softly you whisper a prayer,
Someone must surely be listening there;
who understands and knows from the start,
The hopes and fears you keep in your heart.
For whenever you turn to that friend up above.
And ask for His guidance and trust in His love.
What wonders may be, no one can say...
Miracles happen sometimes when you pray...
Nobody knows the power..., when you pray
To turn the clouds back and make fair the day...
And troubles are lightened and faith is restored,
when in quiet moments you pray to the Lord!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Power of Prayer by Par Augusta )
- He Send Us (Nonet), Dorian Petersen Potter
- ANGELS ARE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ANGELICA HUSTON, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Batman And Robin (Limerick), Dorian Petersen Potter
- Haiku- Sawdust, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- ANGEL NUMBER 444, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ANGEL IS A WHITE SHIH TZU, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- The Joker (Limerick), Dorian Petersen Potter
- Haiku- A coffin, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- ANGEL MY NIECE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)