The Princess of Keighley
My search for a Princess, has taken me all over this land,
on road and mud...over hills to beaches of sand,
all to find me a Princess... who will take my hand.
A search to make me, the man I am,
one day found me... a fine Princess, called Leanne.
In a wood...thats ever so green,
was there this, the most beautiful women,
that I had ever seen.
A stunning Princess...dressed in a baggy tracksuit,
smoking a fag as if shes playing a flute.
Every tune as sweet as any bird songs I know,
so sexy are...the smoke rings that she does blow.
No make up to hide under, she has no fancy style of hair,
naturally beautiful, this girl is so rare.
Stunningly gorgeous, this beauty needs to be set free,
from her castle, in Keighley.
I will fight all men and battle for her worth,
even help rid her of bad brothers...rid them to the other side of the Earth.
I would wipe the sauce from her mouth,
or stay up north, if I wanted to live down south.
Do what ever it takes...to get her to understand,
and then hopefully...she may one day, want to take my hand.
With stepping stones and kissing gates,
what ever our relationship...its always good, even if... just as mates.
James Irwin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Princess of Keighley by James Irwin )
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Li Ching Chao
(1084 - 1151)
- Heather Burns