The Princess of Keighley
My search for a Princess, has taken me all over this land,
on road and mud...over hills to beaches of sand,
all to find me a Princess... who will take my hand.
A search to make me, the man I am,
one day found me... a fine Princess, called Leanne.
In a wood...thats ever so green,
was there this, the most beautiful women,
that I had ever seen.
A stunning Princess...dressed in a baggy tracksuit,
smoking a fag as if shes playing a flute.
Every tune as sweet as any bird songs I know,
so sexy are...the smoke rings that she does blow.
No make up to hide under, she has no fancy style of hair,
naturally beautiful, this girl is so rare.
Stunningly gorgeous, this beauty needs to be set free,
from her castle, in Keighley.
I will fight all men and battle for her worth,
even help rid her of bad brothers...rid them to the other side of the Earth.
I would wipe the sauce from her mouth,
or stay up north, if I wanted to live down south.
Do what ever it takes...to get her to understand,
and then hopefully...she may one day, want to take my hand.
With stepping stones and kissing gates,
what ever our relationship...its always good, even if... just as mates.
James Irwin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Princess of Keighley by James Irwin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 September 1850 - 4 November 1895)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 March 1922 - 21 October 1969)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Believe In Yourself, Ronell Warren Alman
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The World Is a Beautiful Place, Lawrence Ferlinghetti
- The Realm of Dreams, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
Poem of the Day
- "க்ரிஸ்து" என்ற ஒரு ஜோதி!, Subbaraman N V
- PIOUS WELCOME TO TWENTY FIFTEEN*, Subbaraman N V
- Pschology 101 (I), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Dancer's Life, Donald Justice
- What Christmas for Them..........?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- I Know You Are There, Orlando Belo
- Dior-Ets, The Body Mass of Death..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Glimpsing Silverstein's Truth, Merton Lee
- A Christmas Wish of A Lifetime..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Unseen, Self-Empathizing Mirrors, Merton Lee