Recollection the prophet seeks,
To spill his mind and,
Live his speech.
Upon his walls the writing glows,
A life to save,
Oh this he knows.
In his mind he knows what's right,
To live in vain,
And forget to fight.
Selfless beyond what is known,
He dies himself,
And leaves the throne.
Memories flying without a mind
And now he's dead,
To march the line.
Recollection the prophet seeked,
But instead he died,
With words to teach.
Daniel Yetman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Prophet by Daniel Yetman )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Remember, I Remember, Thomas Hood
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(November 9 - 1937)