It is our cruel fate
To be in a world filled with excessively fertile
People. These sad times of late
Make some wish to close in like a turtle.
But there is no light
Shining through the overwhelming
Darkness. People with faces so bright,
All they do is stare, but they don't see.
In summer they all recline on decks,
All nature seems to be harmonious.
The young men, they daydream of sex
While the girls are completely oblivious.
The dim flicker of hope is haunting,
It's fading light is somewhat daunting.
Tyler Howat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Teenagers by Tyler Howat )
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry
- Journey Rythms, Tony Adah