Time is a force
That governs this world
It is unstoppable,
Stronger than fire and air.
You may try to hang on,
And for a while succeed,
But in the end,
Time will erase all of your deeds.
Human-kind always tried to defy it:
Some have reached farther, and some have been beat.
But somewhere we always go back to the start,
We die and our memory is forever forgotten.
Heed my words now, if stranger or friend.
Listen to me and d remember all that I say,
For this wisdom is true, and may help along the way:
Enjoy every second, hour and day.
Do not think that things will forever here stay.
Live your own life, and don't poison other's.
Take your time, but don't fall into slumber.
Always remember you have a goal to achieve:
It could be a small one, according to your needs.
Take chances, but not too much,
For your life is too precious to be wasted at need.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time by Iris Rapoport )
- SHADES OF LOVE, sherif monem
- A Shoulder to Weep, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Help me I am here, Dustin Hardin
- Into your kingdom, hasmukh amathalal
- High rise, hasmukh amathalal
- Before Death, Ajaeyy Raaj
- the toothless Tiger Dynasties, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Spray, Akhtar Jawad
- Think and breathe, hasmukh amathalal
- Love for care, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)