Time is a force
That governs this world
It is unstoppable,
Stronger than fire and air.
You may try to hang on,
And for a while succeed,
But in the end,
Time will erase all of your deeds.
Human-kind always tried to defy it:
Some have reached farther, and some have been beat.
But somewhere we always go back to the start,
We die and our memory is forever forgotten.
Heed my words now, if stranger or friend.
Listen to me and d remember all that I say,
For this wisdom is true, and may help along the way:
Enjoy every second, hour and day.
Do not think that things will forever here stay.
Live your own life, and don't poison other's.
Take your time, but don't fall into slumber.
Always remember you have a goal to achieve:
It could be a small one, according to your needs.
Take chances, but not too much,
For your life is too precious to be wasted at need.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time by Iris Rapoport )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Recessional, James Thomas Miller
- Poverty Streets, Darren David Weaver
- Destiny, Jesus James Llorico
- Another Sunset, Jesus James Llorico
- Time and Distance, Michael Mira
- A JUNKYARD WAR حرب الخردة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Demon Eyes, Jeri Martindale
- Monsoon magic: Green Scene, Roann Mendriq
- Monsoon magic: Rain of tears, Roann Mendriq
- sPeLLed - NO SIGHN OF BLUNT FORCE, sEaN nOrTh