To my grandfather-A tribute
The bushy shrub that you had left
Has transformed into a tree
With greener leaves, ripen fruits,
But you are not here to see.
You, who presented the soil of support,
You, who provided the sunshine of care, .
You, who poured the manure of morals, .
Angel of my boyhood, why aren't you here?
Memories of your sustain in my bark,
To be recalled when I am in dark.
The rides on your shoulder, the evening walks.
The game of cards, my innocent talks.
Your little purse was rich with love.
For it watered my every thirst.
You spoiled me with your pleasant offerings
And looted yourself of comfort.
Then returns the memory of the evil night,
When, alone, you left me to face the storm.
I moaned and moaned to the false assurances,
Weak in my roots, craving for support.
Some losses are not meant to be indemnified
I have learned this with some hard labor.
I can only pray your soul rest in peace
And cherish your memories as my treasure.
Amann Aroraa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (To my grandfather-A tribute by Amann Aroraa )
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
- The Daughter of the Earth - 30, gajanan mishra
- Last Farewell, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Travel China Haiku - Chengdu spices, john tiong chunghoo
- Travel China Haiku - - A wealthy China, john tiong chunghoo
- Autumnal, Lawrence Beck
- Blinding Trust, Nick Kler
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Len Webster's 'Happiness', Len Webster
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- The Lesson, Roger McGough
- A Devoted Teacher, Joseph T. Renaldi
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(November 9 - 1937)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert Louis Stevenson