(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
To My Parents...
Because of who you were and for all the
unanswered questions you left behind, you
compel me to search for more of who I am.
I am forced to explore what lies beneath
the surface of my consciousness.
You have driven me to continually ask...why?
What could I have become? I am likened to a
blind man, stumbling down an unknown path,
searching for what...I do not know.
Now comes the sobering realization that life
is never what it seems to be, but a continuance
of revelations never before know to me.
I know I will not ever fully understand who
you both were.
I am sure of only this:
That the love of your children was without
question...or condition...or reservation.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To My Parents... by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! - Chapter 2, Brian Johnston
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- It's Like Telling Us Not To Cry, Kelly Zion
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! - Chapter 1, Brian Johnston
- UGLY MISSILES ARE STILL TARGETTING INNOC.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Roost, David Harris
- Tel Aviv on Amphetamines, Guy Shaked
- Tears Flow, Seinu Abdulgafar
- 'We Are All Michael Brown' Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Steal Away, Francie Lynch