(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
To My Parents...
Because of who you were and for all the
unanswered questions you left behind, you
compel me to search for more of who I am.
I am forced to explore what lies beneath
the surface of my consciousness.
You have driven me to continually ask...why?
What could I have become? I am likened to a
blind man, stumbling down an unknown path,
searching for what...I do not know.
Now comes the sobering realization that life
is never what it seems to be, but a continuance
of revelations never before know to me.
I know I will not ever fully understand who
you both were.
I am sure of only this:
That the love of your children was without
question...or condition...or reservation.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To My Parents... by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- The World Is Confounded, Tony Adah
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 5, ramesh rai
- Lost At Sea, Margaret Alice Second
- 17 Year Engagement, Saiom Shriver
- Beauty, Nishi Kumari
- The World, Tony Adah
- Reflections, Abekah Emmanuel
- New breeze, ramesh rai
- Sunday Church, Waltz For Zizi
- Timely Rubaiyat, Jonathan ROBIN
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)