BanishedFairy (a.k.a ngaka motaung) (July 24 year of the snake / Reitz.Republic Of South Africa)
To my world renowned granddaughter writing her next greatest poem
Well my angel
As you sit down in
The quiet of your study
Remember that life is
No divine breeze
There are others who
Will say'We want to
Publish your poems! '
And the prize they say
You must pay has no prize
Tag as they want to
Exploit your talent and
They will vanish with your work
Then there are the lazy ones
Who will just rip you off
And you will hear your poem
Sung as somebody's song
This is notorious especially
Among the DJ'S who you'll
Never see composing their own songs
And then there are the snobbish
Ones who post their missiles
On the internet who will warn
You that they publish a lot
Of material that nobody reads
Except poetry which they fear
The ominous warning of all this
Is that you must not go chasing
Others in the house demanding
That they read your masterpiece
You're alone when you write
People think you're mad because
Theirs is the results orientated
Society and the best you can do
For the sake of your mental health
Is to pretend that you're mad
That way they will leave you alone
To finish your great work and when
You're famous they will frown at you
But away in the company of strangers
Who don't know their evil ways they
Will be the ones who dropp names and
They will be the first to tell
The world that you're related to them
In this and that disputable way
Poet Other Poems
- (Africa Poems) The kiss
- (Africa poems) Eagle metaphor
- (Africa Poems) The Ancients Knew Tha...
- (Africa Poems) The King Is No Snob!
- (Africa Poems) No Holds Barred Confes...
- (Africa poems) Once upon a time in th...
- (Africa Poems) The Beloved
- (Africa Poems) A Gentleman Telling Li...
- (Africa Poems) A Sad Day For Poetry!
- (Africa Poems) A Servant Of The Lord
- (Africa Poems) African Lamentations
- (Africa Poems) Blind Afro-Pessimists O...
- (Africa Poems) Do Not Defile The Land
- (Africa Poems) Invitation To An Orgy
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.