To old lovers anywhere.
I am miles away.
Like an old dearly loved obscure song.
A different town.
A different time.
Do not look the same,
The high street would say.
I am miles away!
Not the same person you cared for,
Our little niche was then.
Tucked away in cupboards
Of photos and love poems discarded.
Matierals of long ago.
I drive in a car
Like a lost soul.
Looking for a kindred spirit.
Fearful of another lightless winter.
Waiting for a ship called destiny,
Not seen around here lately.
Peter Vealey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To old lovers anywhere. by Peter Vealey )
- The Moon And Me, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- The Mighty Tower, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- When will I be Free?, nic berja
- Spreading, Aparna Chatterjee
- To The Milking Gone, Julian Mann
- No Regrets, Nancy Cullen
- Dark Days, micheal john
- Out Of Philosophy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mind of a man, kedar thapa
- রাজা ভাবতে বসেছে, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
- Palm Tree, Rabindranath Tagore
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- All You Who Sleep Tonight, Vikram Seth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)