When Chucky was alive, we had such a great time.
Gambling at all the casinos by the MN lakes,
Chucky bet five dollar machines, never high stakes.
At the Grand Casino Chucky was losing so I gave him my chair,
on that machine I prayed and I prayed,
for double diamonds, now I wish I would of stayed.
Seconds later the machine did spit out,
all bright colors and noise really loud
making everyone in their chairs turn about.
I sat on that chair while Chucky left to see,
see the casino’s 'cash pay out' employee.
That’s where he would get his big chunk of change,
getting it from the place that looks like a cage.
Now I wanted to take the next bus home,
and just leave Chucky all alone.
For he did say “Hey, it all goes in one pot”,
well I stayed I won more than alot.
I won back more money than Chucky won before,
but I wished it was all in one big fat score.
Now, that is my Grand Casino Story,
with all of it’s sadness and it’s glory.
Written on Feb.12,2011 by Christina Sunrise
Christina Sunrise's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TRIPLE DIAMONDS by Christina Sunrise )
- Silence, Tshering Chekii
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Brown Penny, William Butler Yeats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)