TROLL NAMED JOHN
There is a Troll that nobody knows
-only the Princess Sarah Star -
who Troll protects so.
The Troll's first name is really John
who fights Razel ice dragons all night long—
Even when he's tired he still sings a funny song.
This funny song makes Razel ice dragons go back to sleep-
Troll has to make sure Princess Sarah Star is safe as sheep.
Protecting the Princess Sarah Star
from Razel ice dragon's ice fire—
Troll has abundant energy he never does tire.
Troll eats a lot of green mystical flowers—
they give him very magical powers.
The funny Troll must toll and fight—
Razel ice dragon can't stand the smell
of Troll's bad breathe late at night.
Troll also makes a funny sound-
that brings Razel ice dragons to the ground.
It's a loud roar that he does from his
gigantic creaky brown bridge door…
The door opens and funny Troll comes out—
he starts to bang around, stamping with a shout.
Princess Sarah Star hears this high up on her balcony—
then a fight that starts near the Ferronian trees.
Luckily funny Troll has power in that domain
he has traps that make Razel ice dragons go insane.
Now Princess Sarah Star can sleep soundly at last—
for funny Troll has made sure Razel ice dragons
are melted without a freezing chance!
Suzae Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (TROLL NAMED JOHN by Suzae Chevalier )
- The Lamentation Of David Over Saul And J.., George Wither
- Thine am I, my faithful Fair, Robert Burns
- The Gowden Locks of Anna, Robert Burns
- Epigram—The Toad-eater, Robert Burns
- Second Epistle to Robert Graham, Esq., o.., Robert Burns
- Crazy Cotton Limerick, Philo Yan
- The Calf, Robert Burns
- The Sometime Sportsman Greets the Spring, John Updike
- In The Shadow of Darkness, Adeosun Pelumi
- Mally's meek, Mally's sweet, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Naming of Parts, Henry Reed
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns