There is an Italian who lives in New York City,
he is a sweetheart, he thinks I'm pretty.
He came down to see me and took me out to eat,
we talked of a stalker who lives on his street.
Yes, he is handsome for his age,
stalker lady goes through his mail reading one page.
Now Uncle Lenny has seen it all,
in NYC taxi cab he drove tourists with alot of gall.
Yes, Uncle Lenny drove a NYC taxi cab,
A safe driver award plaque he does have.
Now we went to Tampa and I heard some ghosts,
He said he didn't hear any for his ears are toast.
He's sweetheart who thinks of me,
He left surprises in my luggage for me to keep.
Now Uncle Lenny still can drive,
He is quick and has a sharp keen eye.
Thanks Uncle Lenny for the happy memories,
it was fun and very interesting!
(By Suzae Chevalier on August 10,2011)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (UNCLE LENNY by Suzae Chevalier )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Her sweet love, Kenneth Maswabi
- A Dying Victim, Margaret Alice Second
- The Witch of Willow Vale, David Lewis Paget
- TERA Rising, Dwitun Basumatary
- Shappired Demon, Dwitun Basumatary
- Across the Universe, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Red Wine and Honey, Eugene Levich
- Recollections of a Devil, Dwitun Basumatary
- North peaks, Dwitun Basumatary
- EVOKING IMAGES, Satish Verma