Unhappy Valentines Day
It is a day and time for lovers;
When a husband and wife rekindle their love,
With gifts and sweets they give to each other;
Showing each other the love they are created of.
Jewelry and sweets to my wife was my gift;
That I presented to her with love and glee,
Her gift though it was intimacy and a card;
But that gift, it wasn't presented unto me.
I had loved her from the day that we met;
I did everything for her that I could,
As she was my heart and she was my life;
I was the bad, and of course she was the good.
I wrote of our love to her in a poem;
And when I finished it I reread it and I sobbed,
And then when I went to present it unto her;
She had run away, but first I was robbed.
Valentines day it comes just once a year;
When a husband and wife remembers their spouse,
I will always remember that one faithful day;
That was the day when my love left my house.
I had come home with cake and jewelry;
Excitedly at my door I waited to be greeted,
But my wife she never came to the door;
That’s when I found out on me she had cheated.
About my house I then looked for our love;
But all I found was her pictures and her love letters,
But not one of them was meant for me to see;
She had left me nothing, except for her debtors.
She shares her love now with a fellow cheater;
To love and happiness, I was its prey,
So now I search or look for love no more;
As I know only of an un-happy Valentines day.
Randy L. McClave
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unhappy Valentines Day by Randy McClave )
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
- You (One Day I'll Forget You), ESPN CHICK
- Advice can have minus point., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)