Utopia On Earth
I long for a place where Humans have never been
Where Nature in all of her natural beauty is seen
Away from the loud talk of men full of beer
The stories of their lives I'm obliged to hear.
I too am a redneck I talk of football
And the great names of sport I can readily recall
Of my redneck ways I may never be free
And Utopia on Earth I well may never see.
I am tired of loud voices in and out of the bar
Of hearing men talk of how marvellous they are
The weight of our egos to me it would seem
Are carried in the performance of our football team.
Ignorance is bliss one can say that of a cow
And if there is a hell I am living there now
Utopia on Earth it would suit me fine
But the wine that I drink is the cheapest of wine.
I am tired of the bragging of loud mouthed men
Who boast of their greatness with a few beers in
Suppose we dislike in others what in ourselves we see
And it galls me to think they are similar to me.
I long for to live in a place where Humans have never lived in before
But no livable place beyond our Earthly shore
In the flowering garden only weeds I see
And Utopia on Earth it is not meant for me.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Utopia On Earth by Francis Duggan )
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Bull Hawking
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- The Innkeeper’s Wife, Clive Sansom
- ALWAYS ON MY MIND, Stanley Oguh
- Wicketkeepers, Quir Diing Jr.
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- Le Déluge, Alfred de Vigny
Poem of the Day
- The Miraculous Escape of Robert Allan, t.., Max Plowman
- The Battle of Sheriffmuir, Max Plowman
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL