Valentine's Day Poems: Love is knowing
There was a time, a long ago,
When love was just s feeling;
A tingle, fleeting, flutter glow
That always had me reeling.
Then, as we grew and learnt to live,
That feeling turned to stone;
We slowly learnt to share, forgive,
Love started to atone.
Now, our love is weathered, worn,
Changing shades yet ever growing,
Feelings fade and you're alone,
But true love turns to knowing.
Though knowing never has me reeling,
With knowing, there is constant healing.
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Valentine's Day Poems: Love is knowing by Roann Mendriq )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman
- Lick Of Leak, sallam yassin
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford