Loyd C. Taylor
Wally the Worm (childrens song)
Wally the worm, Wally the Worm,
He likes to slither, and he likes to squirm;
He likes to wiggle, and he likes to giggle,
There’s a lesson to learn, from Wally the Worm.
Now Wally can be careless, and often unaware,
Those birds are a’watchin’ him from up in the air;
And when they get hungry, and want something to eat,
They go for ole Wally, ‘cause he’s a real treat!
Now the fisherman is looking, for live fish bait,
Wally wants to slither, but he'd better wait;
Instead he crawls up, out of his hole,
Now he’s a’danglin’ from a hook, on a fishin’ pole.
Now Wally the Worm, has a lesson to tell,
To all of us humans, so listen real well;
When you wiggle in this world, and squirm in sin,
Satan's out to get you, and do you in.
So be careful when you’re crawlin’, out in the world,
Whether you're an adult, or a boy or a girl;
Be always a’watchin’, from the land or the air,
Cause Satan's a 'hidin’, and lurkin’ out there.
When you slither into trouble, like Wally the Worm,
Trust in God’s goodness, and from Him never squirm;
Then you wont be like Wally, some juicy fish bait,
And you can wiggle and giggle, on another day!
Repeat last line
Our church had an annual fishing Saturday, on the Saturday before Father's day. I wrote this little song after one of those events.
If you would like to hear me the lyrics and music together, you can do so by visiting my web sight at www.poemsnsuch.com and looking under the topic Songs by Loyd. Click on the song title and it should show words and plat the song. I hope you enjoy, Loyd
Loyd C. Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wally the Worm (childrens song) by Loyd C. Taylor )
Did you read them?
- The Echoes rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Where statues from their eyes Shed Tears, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The ghosts and shrouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The inward echo, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Be a man with humanity, gajanan mishra
- Wild Thyme Of Bearded Hogs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- For Time was deep, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I Cant Have You, Tracee Olga
- A verse A chant, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Face of the skeleton, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Heather Burns