What Is A Riddle?
What is a riddle without ending?
What is a riddle without recording?
What is a riddle without beginning?
What is a riddle without answer?
A riddle without ending,
Will never be finished,
And never fully understood,
So why is it so compelling?
A riddle without recording,
Will never be heard,
And never fully recognized,
So why is it so visible?
A riddle without beginning,
Will never be completed,
And never fully manifest,
So why is it so powerful?
A riddle without answer,
Will never be specified,
And never fully documented,
So why is it so special?
But how can you answer,
Four riddles to your first,
And four riddles to your own,
How can it exist?
An answer without answer,
Seems to be a clue,
But does this clue,
Have an answer without question?
This is the line,
A line without ending,
As long as there is knowledge,
But will it end with that?
The great celestial bodies,
May hold the key,
But seem to elude,
Our thirst to solve?
So now you must think,
Of what is with you always,
And what is so fragile,
That can be taken with a single strike?
What is the answer,
But does the answer,
Differ from its answer,
Do you see what cannot go unseen?
Do you understand the the meaning of answer without answer?
Do you know what you hold onto and never live to see it let go?
Do you contemplate how something so precious has lasted so long?
Do you see... Life?
Colin Liepmann's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is A Riddle? by Colin Liepmann )
- Thousand-Legger at Midnight, Donal Mahoney
- Suicide, Hans Raj Sharma
- Walls that never spoke before, Cee Bea
- Deep Purple II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Prayers!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I met a gentle lady, Cee Bea
- Made Openly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Story telling, Nassy Fesharaki
- affection and attraction, maharshi trivedi
- Alankar(Decor) -202, Indira Renganathan
Poem of the Day
- healthy back bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Bright Star, John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(3rd April 19sixty)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)