What the atom-bomb shall I do?
'What the atom-bomb shall I do'?
When I can't control my bowel
Or bladder to urinate or do,
That all important number 1 or number 2.
Of course you can blow the world
To smithereens for all I care.
If I'm wheeled into that nursing home
There'll be no airs or graces, I swear.
I be better off in the sanatorium,
Blazing-mad, about the ECT chair.
Than saddled in an orderly routine.
'Wondering who the hells washing my hair'.
To be fair there's not much difference
In-here-or-out-there! There's no control…
When-all's-said-and-done, I'm a nuisance!
A-has-been, never will be again, tadpole!
Oh, what faculties I took for granted…
When my wiring and plumbing was fine.
Such anemic-drunks, eternally, lauded
Laughing at the Alc/vol in their urine…
As being only 3.8 they're lining the bars, in
Care homes, less than prostrate like tenpin-
Bowls... Look 'there's that tiny skip. Again'!
Over there by the yellow soiled-waist bin,
So old chaps I guess I'm officially now done in
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What the atom-bomb shall I do? by Mark Heathcote )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Frederick William (FW) Harvey
Mir Taqi Mir
(1723 - 1810)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I See You, See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- have you seen my hand?, Mandolyn ...
- My Inspiration Are You, The Day I Saw You, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Azar, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ohio State, Saiom Shriver
- crowding around the crumbs you leave, Mandolyn ...
- The Drunkard All Alone in The House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Wide Open II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Christmas Day in Philly, Benjamin Michael Clark
- Shepherdess II, Edward Kofi Louis