When Our Eyes Met
When our eyes met, I had a panic,
wondering if you could see.
Mine were convinced there was no other,
somehow I knew, you were for me.
Warmth has such a welcome,
a blessing for which to pray.
In my life, I now have meaning
at my side forever stay.
Loneliness is so un-sharing,
so cold and empty, and void of care.
A place all too familiar.
I know, I have been there.
You, you give life meaning
All other pleasures, they can’t compete.
Don’t slay hope with rejection,
I lay my heart before your feet.
And now, in life’s sunset,
we go on walking hand in hand.
I still remember what our eyes said,
you are my woman, I am your man.
Bill Cantrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (When Our Eyes Met by Bill Cantrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- From Womb To Womb, Dennis Lange
- Seasons, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- I searched, hasmukh amathalal
- Dictionary, manthra har
- Car trouble, manthra har
- My Angel On Earth, Johnny Goyena
- Fore-as the forename, manthra har
- My Wish For You, Johnny Goyena
- Very unique lovecraft!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Whiskey, Pradip Chattopadhyay