the day is bright, outside the sun is shining,
the clouds are nowhere in sight,
so, why should I, be pining?
I'm pining because my love has fled,
inside, I feel an ache, dull and dead;
she left because I yelled her name,
in such a way, she thought I was insane.
but I'm meek and mild-mannered, like Clark Kent,
until I find, that all my money's spent;
until I discover that she has lied,
until I feel my brain has died.
she was a love that quickly stole my heart,
now she's a memory that tore my life apart;
a ghost that comes and goes with pain,
and things are never, quite the same again.
a specter of a song once heard,
that now seems foolish and absurd;
a melody that plays inside one's head,
when the outer shell of life is dead.
the day is bright, there's not a cloud in sight,
but I am fractured into pieces, not quite right;
because I lost a love, I thought would never die,
and I am left with the old age question...why?
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why? by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Half-Salary Jesuit Masters, Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -55, Ronjoy Brahma
- Son of Truth, gajanan mishra
- False redemption, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -54, Ronjoy Brahma
- Of Apple Pie and Golden Bands, Monk E. Biz
- Poetic Vows, Sandra Feldman
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -53, Ronjoy Brahma
- emotions, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -52, Ronjoy Brahma