Will You Realize?
i lay here bleeding, she cries out
how long must this war go on?
i watch the beast control her
how long must i watch her die?
I lie here with sword at my side
i show my blood, nothing to hide
i wonder how long i have to abide
this is the day that my wife died
i just want to sleep is that too much?
without pain searing in my bones
fighting this thing, is it worth it?
i lay here with my face in my hands
i see her in the distance on a chain
this battle is slowly driving me insane
i can't take it no more damn it the pain
i just want her to realize she died in vein
how long must you reject me and lie?
is it worth losing my heart forever?
but i guess you can hold onto your past
and not move forward to me and you
a little peace of your heart is still missing here
because it is hidden deep in your fear
you keep holding onto pain that you hold dear
you were so close to me, your heart was near
but you died again didn't you, just for him?
to leave me out to dry in the sun baking
alone with Christ i walk hoping she will realize
do you still miss me when God tells you too?
i will leave my sword and hope for the best
maybe God will finally show you the rest
a demon haunts you like a burning love test
when you are ready to live, then be my guest
Branden Aeling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Will You Realize? by Branden Aeling )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR