Will You Realize?
i lay here bleeding, she cries out
how long must this war go on?
i watch the beast control her
how long must i watch her die?
I lie here with sword at my side
i show my blood, nothing to hide
i wonder how long i have to abide
this is the day that my wife died
i just want to sleep is that too much?
without pain searing in my bones
fighting this thing, is it worth it?
i lay here with my face in my hands
i see her in the distance on a chain
this battle is slowly driving me insane
i can't take it no more damn it the pain
i just want her to realize she died in vein
how long must you reject me and lie?
is it worth losing my heart forever?
but i guess you can hold onto your past
and not move forward to me and you
a little peace of your heart is still missing here
because it is hidden deep in your fear
you keep holding onto pain that you hold dear
you were so close to me, your heart was near
but you died again didn't you, just for him?
to leave me out to dry in the sun baking
alone with Christ i walk hoping she will realize
do you still miss me when God tells you too?
i will leave my sword and hope for the best
maybe God will finally show you the rest
a demon haunts you like a burning love test
when you are ready to live, then be my guest
Branden Aeling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Will You Realize? by Branden Aeling )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- who slipped me a mickey?, Mandolyn ...
- Through Fine Curtains, Looking At Her Co.., mary douglas
- Glory Of The Rat, Joseph Walden
- I am a poet at night, Mark Heathcote
- Forced To Live Within Their Means, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- That Bold Hold, V P Mahur
- I'ts Not a Sin to Love You Like This..., wanderer sailor
- Psalm 096, Forrest Hainline
- Slaves To Appearances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Changes Can Be Painful, Lawrence S. Pertillar