Will You Realize?
i lay here bleeding, she cries out
how long must this war go on?
i watch the beast control her
how long must i watch her die?
I lie here with sword at my side
i show my blood, nothing to hide
i wonder how long i have to abide
this is the day that my wife died
i just want to sleep is that too much?
without pain searing in my bones
fighting this thing, is it worth it?
i lay here with my face in my hands
i see her in the distance on a chain
this battle is slowly driving me insane
i can't take it no more damn it the pain
i just want her to realize she died in vein
how long must you reject me and lie?
is it worth losing my heart forever?
but i guess you can hold onto your past
and not move forward to me and you
a little peace of your heart is still missing here
because it is hidden deep in your fear
you keep holding onto pain that you hold dear
you were so close to me, your heart was near
but you died again didn't you, just for him?
to leave me out to dry in the sun baking
alone with Christ i walk hoping she will realize
do you still miss me when God tells you too?
i will leave my sword and hope for the best
maybe God will finally show you the rest
a demon haunts you like a burning love test
when you are ready to live, then be my guest
Branden Aeling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Will You Realize? by Branden Aeling )
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
- For To be An Indian English Poet, You St.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Magical, David Harris
- A Necessary Wish, Sandra Feldman
- Stations of life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)